Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What does it mean to you?

I had someone point out a very valid point to me today.  She said it: "might make it easier for people if you had specific questions to answer."

She is right.  And I will be posting some specific questions on the FB page to get reactions.  I will actually be using the data from the responses women are giving me now to form those questions.   

However, I felt I should explain why the original question was mounted the way it was to begin with.  

What do you really want from the man in your life?

That is a loaded question.  It can mean many things, such as: What are you looking for in a future mate?  What are the characteristics that attract you to a man?  How do you want to be treated?  How can the man in your life change to be the person you want him to be?  What can the man in you life do to make you happier?  What are things you will not tolerate from any man?  And so much more....

The truth is that every woman who reads the question: What do you really want from the man in your life? is going to interpret it differently.  And that is exactly what I want.  I want your first and most honest reaction to the question.  Why?  Because that is how you get at the truth.  The more you analyze what it means the more you formulate a "politcally correct" answer.  The core of this project is to give the honest truth about what women really and truly want.  So, if the first thing that pops into your head when you read the question is "to leave me the hell alone and let me do my own thing,"  then that is the response I want.

I hope this goes a little way to explaining why I asked a somewhat vague question.  I also hope you will all follow the facebook page and answer questions when posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment