Sunday, April 17, 2011

What do you really want?

If you could tell the man in your life, or the future man in your life, what you truly want, what would you say?  What is most important to you?  What do you think is the most important trait in a man?  What do you really want out of a relationship?
Honesty?  Respect? A relationship with God?  Hot sex?  Help with the kids?  Help around the house?  Someone who will listen?  Do you want your man to take out the trash more, or mop the floor, or spend more time tending to your sexual needs?

Do you often feel like the men in your life just don't get it?  If you could be completely and totally honest without worry about the fall out or consequences...what would you tell men (or your man)?   

Now is your chance.  I am doing research on a book about what women really want from men.  I want complete and total honesty about what is really important to women.


TO ANSWER:

  • COMMENT here on this blog  
OR USE THIS
OR USE THIS OR USE THIS OR YOU CAN
    • (PLEASE put something in the subject line to make it clear what you are emailing for, and either give a first name you want used or tell me if you want to be anonymous.  Please include an age as well.)

No holds barred.  I want the REAL truth.
By answering this, you are giving me permission to quote you.  ALL answers will be considered ANONYMOUS unless you give a first name.  If you feel comfortable, please give your age.  (YOU MUST BE 18 TO ANSWER)  




Please share this with your women friends.  I need a minimum of 100 answers before I can begin this portion of the book.

9 comments:

  1. I think we all want the same really. For them to be honest, faithful, help out around the house. Sensitive to our feelings, romantic, spontaneous.

    I have to say my partner is pretty great, the only thing I would change is for him to pick up his clothes more and possibly be a bit more romantic.

    To my ex OMG where to start. Don't be a pig, don't hit on other women, try honesty for a change.

    Religion is a big thing to me but my partner has no faith yet it isn't an issue (most of the time).

    I am 29 :) hope that helps and if you need anything else just ask

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 34 yr old recent divorcee who is currently involved with a man 10 yrs her junior, I don't know where to begin!
    hmmm...
    Spirituality. Must be number one priority for me. Nothing truly divides a home like a difference in spiritual beliefs and the differences in importance over these beliefs. I don't want someone who is going to make me feel inadequate in my walk with God, but I also don't want to drag someone's butt to church every Sunday to worship. I want a partner who can walk in the SAME FAITH with me - as a constant support system to each other.
    I'm typically a "leach". By that I mean that I feed off others' energies - so being with someone who makes me feel young and energetic is a super plus in my book. A glass half full instead of half empty. A man that smiles a lot - even through the bad times, finding good (even if only a little good) in all things. I don't expect anyone to make me happy... I suffer from clinical depression, so that near impossible (haha!), but it does my outlook good to see someone else's outlook on life. Again, it's a support issue.
    And the small things that I had once deemed as "only details". The kind of things that people would claim that "opposites attract"... I enjoy horror movies, outdoor activities, taking risky adventures (i.e. Bungee jumping, sky diving), loving music (I am a musician), and family quality time.... these have now become important to me in the common interest department. To not share these interests, I have found, is to create a gap in bonding material and allows others to step in your partner's place (which can be dangerous in many cases).
    I would also like to have someone who can smother me with words of affirmation one minute and then freely give me space to be who I am on my own the next minute. Space.
    Does this man exist? The bitter-divorcee in me says, "fat chance". But the young optimist that still peeks through occasionally believes that he IS out there.... I just haven't found him yet. :)

    Let me know if you need any further divulging. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for your comments. This is amazing!

    So Many Books: Do you think the faith issue will become a problem?

    And Melissa: I was also a divorcee, and a little over a year ago, when I was NOT looking, I found the man you described. So, yes, yours does exist...but you will only find him in a time that is perfect for you (even though you may not realize it!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I really needed to hear that. I sometimes lose sight of that whole "timing" thing. I get restless & expect everything NOW. ;)
    Good luck with this project! I'm so excited about it. I'm actually keeping memoirs of my "new" journey for a possible book in the future. Scary, but exciting is the only way to describe my life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think journaling is a great idea. Life is a journey. And every day life is full of inspiration for a writer, if we take enough time to pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, I felt I should add that before I met my now husband, I also dated men much younger than myself. They were all at least 7 years younger actually. I think it is a phase some of us go through.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am just getting back to this (been working). I think it will definately arise especially if I ever decide to have a child (I have always said I wasn't having any).

    It has came up during wedding talks, we have talked through it each time thankfully (so far).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a 47 year old married woman with two grown children. Been married since I was 19 to the same man, going on 29 years now.
    What I want most from my man is respect. I may not work as many hours as he does, but I want to be treated as an equal and not be taken advantage of because my paycheck is less than his. I want trust on his part as well as mine. To me those are the two most important things. Respect and Trust. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori, it helps TREMENDOUSLY! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete